Guidelines for Home Isolation & Home Care of COVID-19 Patients
In view of the evolving situation of COVID-19 in the state of Karnataka and recent revision of guidelines from Government of India, the following revised guidelines for home isolation/home care of COVID-19 cases are issued.
The persons who have tested COVID positive shall be permitted to be in “home isolation/home care" with the following conditions:
1. Only those who are asymptomatic or mild symptomatic shall be allowed to be in home isolation/home care.
2. They shall be oriented to the protocol of home isolation/home care.
3. Health team from district health authority/BBMP/authorized private institution/agency shall visit the house and assess the suitability of house for home isolation and also do medical triage of the person. Alternatively, telephonic medical triage shall be done through an empanelled agency.
4. Dedicated tele-monitoring link shall be established for daily follow-up of the person during the entire period of home isolation/home care.
5. The person shall report to the health staff/medical officer/physician about their health status every day.
6. The person shall have pulse oximeter, digital thermometer, facemasks, gloves, sanitizer, etc. to be used during home isolation/home care.
7. The release of the person from home isolation/home care shall be as per the existing discharge protocol of the state for COVID-19.
8. The home isolation/home care shall be with knowledge of the family members, neighbours, treating physician, and local health authorities.
More Detailed Guidelines
For more information on the eligibility for home isolation/home care, instructions for the persons in home isolation and their family members, waste management guidelines, etc. download the guidelines issued by the Government of Karnataka